Views
Helpful
Replies

CSR1000v configuration 3 ISP

Andrii1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I cant find information about CSR1000v configuration multi ISP. I have requirements in project that i need to load balance 3 ISP, and router have to be virtual. So maybe someone have expirience with configuration 3 ISP on cisco CSR1000v?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It is basically the same as with a hardware router:

1. You typically have three interfaces (or sub interfaces) pointing to your ISP devices through the right VLANs.
  2. You likely need some NAT if using IPv4, the selection of the right NAT is done with
    route-maps
  3. You need routing to the ISPs based on your requirement statically or by your configured BGP policy

More details needed? Then you need to specify more of your environment.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

It is basically the same as with a hardware router:

1. You typically have three interfaces (or sub interfaces) pointing to your ISP devices through the right VLANs.
  2. You likely need some NAT if using IPv4, the selection of the right NAT is done with
    route-maps
  3. You need routing to the ISPs based on your requirement statically or by your configured BGP policy

More details needed? Then you need to specify more of your environment.

Hello Karsten,

Can you explain how to statically load balance? Maybe you have some guides? I also have thow APs that give wifi for users, one switch with POE, and 3 ISP and i need to load balance network traffic. I dont have any information how they wanna load balancing network traffic. 

The two easy ways are:

1. Based on destination. For example you route all S2S-VPNs over one ISP and the default route over another.
  2. Policy-based: By source-VLAN, like WLAN traffic over ISP1, servers out of ISP2 or be ports like all 80/443 over one ISP and the rest over another. But someone has to decide this.

Andrii1
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you so much

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card