Views
Helpful
Replies

CSR1000V Renewing A New License Using Cisco Smart Licensing

nexusrouter
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings All,

I wanted to confirm with those experienced in Smart Licensing on the process of renewing the License for a CSR1000v.

Currently our organisation is already registered with Smart Licensing via our Virtual Account, I can see the connection is successful due to the mechanism polling the Virtual Cisco Smart Account ,  showing "Succeeded"... and "Registered"

Their are alerts on the Cisco account showing Out of Compliance for an evaluation of the AX Licence "which has since expired" however services would continue as normal. However in order to bring the device back into compliance is we need one of these are we are deficient by 1 or negative -1

We are currently the process in procuring a new Licence "Application Experience AX", do I simply just convert this to smart licencing and deposit this into the Virtual Account?

As from my current reading up on this, the device is already registered with the virtual account and has the evaluation license applied the AX (which has expired and is the reason for complaining about being out of compliance)

According to Cisco's white paper's once this device has been registered I do not need to generate a new token, as this device is already in place, can any of you seniors confirm this?

Do I need to do anything on the CSR itself to renew / consume the new AX License when this is purchased?

Thank you in advanced

1 Reply 1

nexusrouter
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone ???

I would greatly appreciate any input on my OP?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: