cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dear Professionals

Cash2106
Level 1
Level 1
With all due respect, Sir my concern is i want to know how to setup two different locations office with a backup internet connection and connect them together to share the resources and when one connection goes down then second connection automatically connect the sites without any interruption. A bit more detail is given below

Site 1 (1 router, 1 switch, 2 internet connections from two different isp)

Site 2 (1 router, 1 switch, 2 internet connections from two different isp)

I want to configure mpls and internet access line both seperately on a single switch on different ports and my concern is if one internet goes down then instead of the whole mpls for local network goes down the second internet line keeps the connectivity on. 

Please help me i really need to learn this.
for more detail i have attached a picture for understanding.
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

post your Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file here as a zipped attachment...

View solution in original post

Hello,

here is the thing: Packet Tracer is a simulator with only a limited set of commands. On 'real' routers, you could use IP SLAs to achieve failover. That would look like below. If the main default route is down, the secondary default route would kick in. Unfortunately, Packet Tracer does not support that. Your other option would be to use a routing protocol such as BGP, and manipulate the metric. In BGP, you could use the weight attribute to prefer one path over the other.

Head_Office

track 1 ip sla 1 reachability
!
ip sla 1
icmp-echo 8.8.8.8 source-interface Serial0/0/0
frequency 5
!
ip sla schedule 1 start-time now life forever
!
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Serial0/0/0 track 1
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Serial0/1/0 200

Branch_Office

!
ip sla 1
frequency 5
!
!

Head_Office

router bgp 1
neighbor ISP_1 weight 150

Branch_Office

router bgp 2

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To all concerned,
It is very clear this thread is school work.
Help the students learn: Post the links to documents and configuration guides.
Please refrain from handing out answers.

Hello,

typically, you would achieve this with IP SLAs or configuring one of the interfaces with the 'backup interface' command. Or you can run a dynamic routing protocol and manipulate the metrics. If possible, post the Packet Tracer project file (.pkt), zip it first, otherwise the system won't let you upload it. Keep in mind that Packet Tracer has only a limited set of commands, and 'real' IOS routers have much more extensive options...

please help me, i cant send u file of cisco packet tracer, if possible please make it happen and if possible write down the procedure of it in the file mentioning it step by step, i will be really thank full to u. or if u can share ur email so i can send file on ur email

Hello,

post your Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file here as a zipped attachment...

Hello,

here is the thing: Packet Tracer is a simulator with only a limited set of commands. On 'real' routers, you could use IP SLAs to achieve failover. That would look like below. If the main default route is down, the secondary default route would kick in. Unfortunately, Packet Tracer does not support that. Your other option would be to use a routing protocol such as BGP, and manipulate the metric. In BGP, you could use the weight attribute to prefer one path over the other.

Head_Office

!
ip sla 1
frequency 5
!
!

Branch_Office

!
ip sla 1
frequency 5
!
!

Head_Office

router bgp 1

Branch_Office

router bgp 2

dear goerg, thanks for your support and urgent prompt, its a really helpful for me the effort u have done for me. im really really greatful to you for your time and support. really appreciated. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card