Views
Helpful
Replies

Default Static Route

S9539245H
Level 1
Level 1

Untitled.jpg           

the answer is:default route are used when a router has only one other router to which it is connected.

is this acceptable?

1)It is used for connecting a stub network

2)used in hub and spoke topology

3)used for connecting to an isp

5 Replies 5

Hello

I would say possible
2 & 3 -(on spokes)

Res
Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello

3 - widely used

Thanks

parvinder.s
Level 1
Level 1

stub network, a network with only one exit........so i go with 1. sounds most appropriate to me.....

Edwin Summers
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Jason!

I wasn't entirely clear on the question you were asking, but it seems that you're asking if the numbered answers you provided are "acceptable" answers for the situation where a default static route could be used.  In this case, I would say yes - they are acceptable, noting that answers (2) and (3) can be thought of as sub-sets of answer (1).  Spokes in a hub-spoke network can be thought of as stub networks (though not required).  And a network may be a stub of it's ISP.

Best regards,

Ed

Sandeep Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason

Default route are in general used on the end router which is not a transit router. So here in your option if a router is a spoke router we can use default route and even in case of ISP connectivity also we can use as client router is not a transit router but an end hot router using to connect to the internet.

Hope it answers your query.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card