Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

DEPLOYMENT OF CISCO ISR 900 ROUTER, C921- 4PLTEGB MODEL

Please my name is Benedict, i have procured a Cisco router ISR 900 series C921-4PLTEGB for failover solution and i want assistance on how to set it up through HTTP management. I am yet to order for an RJ45 to USB CONSOLE cable. I will really appreciate a kind gesture of opinions about implementing this device most especially if i can also be provided with the IP address of this device to be reached through http.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
VIP Rising star

Re: DEPLOYMENT OF CISCO ISR 900 ROUTER, C921- 4PLTEGB MODEL

FAQ: What web-based or GUI tool is available for the 900 Series ISRs?
You can configure and manage the 900 Series ISRs with Cisco Configuration Professional.

The default configuration file assigns an IP address to a LAN interface on the router, and you must configure the PC to be on the same subnet as the router LAN interface. If the router is a fixed-interface model, it is configured as a DHCP server, and the PC must be configured to accept an IP address automatically. If the router can accept modular interfaces, it is not configured as a DHCP server, and you must configure the PC with a static IP address on the same subnet as the router.

If you are lucky you do not need to configure the ip-address

connect your PC to the router only and no other network !!! and check if you received an ip-address for the router (windows-> ipconfig /all, linux ifconfig -a)

in the dhcp information you will find the routers ip address in two fields as dhcp server and as default gateway

Highlighted

Re: DEPLOYMENT OF CISCO ISR 900 ROUTER, C921- 4PLTEGB MODEL

Thanks for your response and the heads up.
Will try it and give a feedback when I resume work at my office as I'm currently working from home.