Helpful
Replies

Design Guidance

irman ghaffar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,
  Hope all is going well here.

I am currently working on a LAB design from an ISP perspective and would really appreciate any feedback or tips anyone can offer on my design scenario.

So lets say one of our customers is going through a de-merger, Lets call it Company X, Before the de-merger Company X was formed of 4 different sub-companies (Company A, B, C and D).

The requirements are as below:

Split Company X network infrastructure up by creating individual entities (commission company A, B C & D networks).

Keep Company X existing network as a Shared network.

Retain the existing IGP of EIGRP and EGP of BGP.

Ensure individual entities (Company A, B C & D) created can not see each others networks.

Ensure individual entities (Company A, B C & D) created still have access to the shared network.

Core switches and routers should remain common and will be leased to each of the individual customers (A, B, C & D).

Ensure that remote locations can only access their own company resources over the WAN (MPLS) network and the shared network ONLY.

Thus far in my Lab I have done the following:

Each Company is running its own EIGRP process. The shared network also runs its own EIGRP process.

I am redistributing EIGRP routes from Shared network into each individual companies EIGRP process.

The above works ok until I bring up Location 2 which is identical to Location 1 which is where redistribution goes crazy.

Can anyone suggest a good design criteria for this type of setup?

This is close to a real business case scenario which is common throughout the real world so was recommended as a great way to polish up skills especially on redistribution.

GNS3 file is available upon request.

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Pretty decent school assignment.  Good luck.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card