cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DEV_SELENE-DFC2-3-SRAM_ECC

Nishant Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting below error in new 7606 installed in our network.

%DEV_SELENE-DFC2-3-SRAM_ECC: Selene 0 SRAM High Single-bit ECC error, error status: 0x400182505

I am unable to find exact reason for this error over internet.

Someone, please help me get details of this error and resolve it ??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

please find my explanation below:

%DEV_SELENE-DFC2-3-SRAM_ECC: Selene 0 SRAM High Single-bit ECC error, error status: 0x400182505

Selene is a chip to bridge between two NPU, which connects to GE interfaces each, and
Metropolis, which in turn connects to the fabric. 
The error message indicates that the ingress low priority FIFO queue of the first Selene
experience an ECC error.  If there is only one ECC error, the linecard can correct the
error. If there are multiple ECC errors on the same packet, the packet will be dropped and
that refers to HW failure on the module. 

Try reseating the module once if in case you happen to see the error again after reseating then go ahead and replace the same.

HTH

Inayath

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

please find my explanation below:

Selene is a chip to bridge between two NPU, which connects to GE interfaces each, and
Metropolis, which in turn connects to the fabric. 
The error message indicates that the ingress low priority FIFO queue of the first Selene
experience an ECC error.  If there is only one ECC error, the linecard can correct the
error. If there are multiple ECC errors on the same packet, the packet will be dropped and
that refers to HW failure on the module. 

Try reseating the module once if in case you happen to see the error again after reseating then go ahead and replace the same.

HTH

Inayath

Hi Inayath,

Thanks for the reply.

How can I know the interface where this error is coming ?? Which module need to be reset/changed?

Nishant,

Module 2 needs to be replaced.

HTH

Inayath

********** Please dont forget to rate all usefull posts****

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card