Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP when we have two vlans `

I have a question here regarding DHCP 

R1 and R2 connected to a switch with vlan 10 and vlan 20 respectively and the switch is connected to a Router R3 in which i have configured DHCP with ip pool configured. 

Now my question is how these two routers are going to get separate IP pool segments like R1 10.0.0.0 and R2 20.0.0.0

Please do not hesitate to click the STAR button if you are satisfied with my answer.
2 Replies 2

Muhammad Zahid
Level 1
Level 1

1. Setup required IP Pools on DHCP router (R3),

2. Configure your VLAN interface / SVIs with "ip helper-address x.x.x.x" (x.x.x.x is the IP of your DHCP router); SVI can be setup on your switch if it's a L3 switch or you can create Sub Interfaces on R3, if you are setting up SVIs on R3 then make sure switch and R3 connected over trunk port.

3. Assign respective VLANs on switch ports connected to router R1 & R2 interfaces.

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

kapslock
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if I understod the question fully, however if you want R1 and R2 to obtain a DHCP address, you could configure it like this.

image.png

/K.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card