Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between C1111-8P vs C891F-K9

JRGC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm thinking to implement new model router for my infraestructure and I would like to kown what would be the best option.

Currently I have two MPLS provider and I will need to garatee the communication to Central Data Center. and deploy diferrent services like ( Network segmentation, Dynamic protocols, QoS, ACLs )

The main idea is that the router can receive both mpls links

Thank you for your input.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rafael,

Both models are based on Cisco IOS which comes with a wide array of networking features including and no limited to Routing Protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, etc), QoS (Low-Latency Queue, Shaping, Policing, etc), Security features (ACL, Zone-based Firewall), etc.

About the differences:

• The C1111-8P seems to come with 2 WAN ports (1xGE & 1xGE/SFP).
  • There is an image of the rear side of the Router here.
  • The Router Data Sheet is here.
  • The platform runs Cisco IOS-XE implementation which is the de facto for newer Routers and its code is based on the Cisco IOS core.
  • Download Software site.

• The C891F-K9 seems to come with 2 WAN ports (1xGE & 1xFE).
  • The platform runs Cisco IOS implementation which has been largely deployed in Cisco Branch Routers for years.

I hope this helps.

Regards.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Rafael,

Both models are based on Cisco IOS which comes with a wide array of networking features including and no limited to Routing Protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, etc), QoS (Low-Latency Queue, Shaping, Policing, etc), Security features (ACL, Zone-based Firewall), etc.

About the differences:

• The C1111-8P seems to come with 2 WAN ports (1xGE & 1xGE/SFP).
  • The platform runs Cisco IOS-XE implementation which is the de facto for newer Routers and its code is based on the Cisco IOS core.

• The C891F-K9 seems to come with 2 WAN ports (1xGE & 1xFE).
  • The platform runs Cisco IOS implementation which has been largely deployed in Cisco Branch Routers for years.

I hope this helps.

Regards.

Thanks for helping to answer this hecserra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco