Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

divede the traffic flow through two trunk at same time

dear all ... i have one router and one switch cisco .. i connect the router with the switch by two trunk port ... then i creat many of  VLAN .. i need to devided the traffic flow from the router to switch on to the two trunk .. how can do that ... regards

5 Replies 5

Sorry, but could you please rephrase the question. If you want any number of VLANs. all you can do is create sub-interface on the router port using an example below and configure as many vlans you need on the switch for eg.

Router (fa0/0)-------Trunk----------(Fa0/0)Switch

Both fa0/0 connects to each other.

Router                                                                               Switch

Int fa 0/0                                                                            Int fa 0/0

no shut                                                                            switchport

int fa 0/0.10                                                                      switch trunk encap dot1q

encap dot1q 10                                                              switch mode trunk

ip add x.x.x.x x.x.x.x                                                          no shutdown

int fa 0/0.20

encap dot1q 20

ip add y.y.y.y y.y.y.y

int fa 0/0.30

encap dot1q 30

ip add z.z.z.z z.z.z.z

...so on...

If this post help. Do rate it.

--

Sebastian Fernandez

thank you very much ... i need divide the traffic on the two interface using bonding ... how can that ?? each interface carry  1Gbps

Mahesh Gohil
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Tariq,

I think you are looking for etherchannel solution.

I am not completely sure as how to setup between switch and router. I am having similar setup in my network but the router is juniper one.

I am sure it will support cisco too.

Below is sample config for cisco. You can now create sub interface on router (e.g int po15.101, int po15.102  etc) for corresponding vlan configured on switch.

========================================

Switch

interface Port-channel15
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
!
!
interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1
switchport mode trunk
channel-group 15 mode on

!
interface GigabitEthernet1/0/2
switchport mode trunk
channel-group 15 mode on

Router:

interface Port-channel15
no ip address

interface GigabitEthernet0/0
no ip address
channel-group 15
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1
no ip address
channel-group 15

====================================

Regards

Mahesh

thank you very much ... i need divide the traffic on the two interface using bonding ... how can that ??

ok thank you very much

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card