Views
Helpful
Replies

DLSw support in ASR 1K?

hans.velez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi every one,

any one knows if the new ASRs with the new versions of Cisco IOS XE Software supports DLSw (Data Link Switching)??

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you tried contacting your cisco reseller and/or local Cisco sales office for an official answer on the matter ?

curielg73
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get an answer about this?  I'm looking at the same problem.  I'm migrating from a Cisco7204VRX to an ASR1002 and can't configure the DLSW+ commands.  Did you find a work-around?

Hi all,

sorry to answer you guys so late. DLSw is been out from the bussiness and at this time is being replaced by Enterprise Extender (EE) Which protocol is a feature of IBM APPN on z / OS systems. Microsoft Refers to EE as IPDLC. Enterprise Extender use UDP traffic at the Transport Layer Network rather than the L3. Deploy Cisco Enterprise Extender on Their hardware via the IOS feature Known as SNAsW (SNA Switch). We replace the devices with ISR 4451-X in HSEC bundle.

Hi Hans,

following your advise on this comment. but it seems HSEC ISR4451-X in HSEC bundle does not support SNAsw.

table 5 from this link > https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/sw_activation/SA_on_ISR.html

if ISR4451-X does not SNAsw, how can we deploy EE for this situation? knowing ISRG2 are already end-of-sale.

Thanks,

Alex

ahmad.ramzee
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also replacing CISCO7206VXR (12.4(18e)) to ASR1002X (15.2(4)S5) and unable to configure dlsw. Any idea?

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card