Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN question

ittechk4u1
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Experts,

Background I have two HUBs (diff physically location with dual ISPs) and rest 6 are spokes(4 have dual ISP and 2 are with single isp).

Is it necessary to have VRF on spoke with single ISP ?

issue is: all 4 spoke (with DUal isps) have tunnels to both HUBs and working and rest 2 hub (with single iSP) have tunnel only to HUB1 and not to HUB2!!!!

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Hello,

so what do you have, dual hubs with dual ISPs for both hubs, or just for one ? Post a schematic drawing of your topology. Typically, one hub would be configured with a lower delay than the other for redundancy. If some of your spokes are connected just to one hub, it wouldn't matter because they would always use that one hub.

Thanks Georg,

Yes I have dual hub with dual ISPs. 4 spoke with dual ISPs and 3 spoke with single ISP.

here is the attached layout:

Thanks

Hello,

in your topology drawing it looks like all spokes have dual links. Either way, if you have only one link for 3 of the spokes, all you have to do is map them to just one hub. VRF is not needed as far as I can tell.

I mapped these 3 spokes(with single ISP) to both HUBs(one tunnel for each ISP of hubs). 

HUB and 4 spokes(with dual ISP) are configured with vrf and rest 3 spoke with single ISP is with normally routing process.

I hope this design is ok!!!

Thanks

ip_guy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello colleague,

To be honest, I also have some issues during implementing DMVPN just in my case I have one spoke and two hubs. I have to make backup tunnel with different ISP in case if primary link goes down. Just to let you know I didn't configure VRF on SPOKE, VRF should me configured on PE Router.

I would appreciate if you can share configuration file (config.log ) from one SPOKE and one HUB so I can compare with my environment and try to fix the issue.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Milos

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card