cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN Spoke - Is it possible to connect to the hub from the spoke using your cellphone 3g network?

Kazuhira
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently testing DMVPN using GNS3 that is installed to 2 different computer. Both GNS3 routers are connected to the cloud in GNS3 that is bridge to the internet.

Hub(desktop) is using my home ISP modem/router. It has a private IP Address that is nat to the public IP.

My spoke(laptop) is using my samsung galaxy s4 3g network via Tethering.

My spoke can ping the public ip of my ISP modem/router that is connected to my GNS3 router.

My hub router can ping 8.8.8.8

Is it possible to use cellphone such as samsung galaxy s4 3g network for the spoke kit to connect reach the hub?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

To build a DMVPN over internet, you just need the spoke and hub devices to have internet access. 

If your spoke is running GNS3 on which you'll have a router acting as spoke and all the routing is done correctly, there shouldn't be any issues.

The start is to be able to reach the HUB IP from Spoke public IP. If that's working then DMVPN should come UP unless you have configuration issues on IPSEC part.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

To build a DMVPN over internet, you just need the spoke and hub devices to have internet access. 

If your spoke is running GNS3 on which you'll have a router acting as spoke and all the routing is done correctly, there shouldn't be any issues.

The start is to be able to reach the HUB IP from Spoke public IP. If that's working then DMVPN should come UP unless you have configuration issues on IPSEC part.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

I got it to work but I have to change a setting in my Hub ISP connection (my ISP modem/router). I made sure that my hub IP Address that is connected to my ISP modem/router is in the DMZ (DMZ hosting enables a LAN device to use the modem's WAN IP address as its own. DMZ places the LAN device outside the firewall.)

The issue I had with my Spoke is that each time it connects to the Hub, it uses a difference proxy source public IP address that it uses to connect to the hub. Maybe because I am using my Samsung Galaxy S4 3G that is tethered in my computer?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: