Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN vrf-lite

darrenriley5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We currently have a DMVPN which connects 3 offices from subsidury A to its network . We have a requirement to connect another subsidury which has its own routing table the same infrastructure but what I would like to do is logically segment subsidury B from subsidury A. I've had a look and it seems vrf-lite would be the most effective solution. If I create a vrf instance for B could A continue to exist in the Global routing table (is the global routing table in effect its own vrf)?   I'm hoping not to have to make changes for A so I would prefer not to have to create a seperate vrf.

The other problem is both A & B use EIGRP AS 100, from my understanding I would therefore need to change B to use a different AS number so this could be associated with the new vrf?

Thanks               

Darren

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Darren,

>> If I create a vrf instance for B could A continue to exist in the Global routing table (is the global routing table in effect its own vrf)?

correct global routing table is one VRF the default one. I think you need to check with feature navigator for support of DMVPN VRF aware

>> The other problem is both A & B use EIGRP AS 100, from my understanding I would therefore need to change B to use a different AS number so this could be associated with the new vrf?

EIGRP PE-CE configuration is performed under router address family configuration mode, in that context you should be free to use a different AS number for the VRF or to re-use the global process-level defined AS number

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco