cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do I need a license to do...

Hawk
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few ISR 4200 series routers running IOS-XE version 16.x with base license only and need to configure tracking on IP SLA.  I will need to apply the tracking to the default route so that the route can be removed if tracking finds IP SLA ping goes down.  Do I need extra license for that?

I also need to configure IPsec tunnels on the same routers do I need a license for that?  

If both of these require a license would I need to download 2 separate licenses and install them separately as well?

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Based on the link below, it looks like you just need the AX feature license:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/data_sheet-c78-732542.html

You can enable this feature as demo or ask Cisco to give you a demo license to test. This feature should enable sla and ipsec.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Just to add to Francescos post i hve those routers running ip sla and ipsec for dmvpn
this is what i have in place

Index 1 Feature: appxk9
Period left: Life time
License Type: Permanent
License State: Active, In Use
License Count: Non-Counted
License Priority: Medium

Index 3 Feature: securityk9
Index 4 Feature: ipbasek9

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

As you mentioned that you have IP BASE license and you want to enable the IPsec VPN so you need a Security (SEC) License. 

There is only one license have to activate as Security (SEC). If you are in the testing phase then you can activate the trail license. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card