Views
Helpful
Replies

Does VRF Creates Separate LIB ?

Ali Norouzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Engineers,

I have a question about VRF behavior with LIB. Does VRF creates separate LIB like routing table? VRF seprates routes from global routing table completely and advertise it to its peers by dynamic routing. I wanted to do same with LDP and advertise lables from VRF seprate from other lables in other instances like global instance. Please take a look at attached file. As you see Router2 has a VRF A and connected to Router3 and Router4 from that VRF. I want to enable MPLS and LDP on that VRF so the lables be advertised between all these routers in VRF A. After deploying this topology I found that Router 2 just learns lables from its neighbours (Router2,3) but doesn't advertise its own lables to them. So labled traffic from Router 3 to Router 4 couldn't pass through Router2. I saw same behaviour with Juniper routers.

2 Replies 2

lmediavilla
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think so because the "rd" parameter is used to distinguish in the same RIB, but you can check with the command

show mpls forwarding-table

you can filter labels with

no mpls ldp advertise-labels

and with an ACL permit the ones you want

mpls ldp advertise-labels for ACL

Regards,

luis

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ali,

a minimal topology to test Carrier Supporting Carrier scenario would be

R3 ---    TOPPE1 --- --- TOPPE2---- R4

I'm afraid the case you are testing is not supported as it would require a sorf of LDP local switching on the single TOP PE node.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2s/feature/guide/fs2scsc.html

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card