Views
Helpful
Replies

DSCP marking on Nexus 5000

adery6300
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to convert our existing QoS template that we use on our 3750/3560 to work on our new Nexus 5000 switches.

The ACLs and class-maps are ok, but it seems I can't do a "set dscp xx" within the policy-map on the Nexus 5000, like I was able to using the 3750/3560.

This is what I normally configure on a 3560/3750 :

policy-map QosPolicy

class VoIP

set dscp ef

exit

class CriticalApp

set dscp af31

exit

[...]

class class-default

set dscp default

exit

exit

The "set dscp xyz" command isn't available on my Nexus 5000s. I'm running NX-OS version 4.1(3)N1(1)... I'm currently unable to download version N2 from Cisco (some cryptic error about mismatched data), so I can't verify whether "set dscp" is available there in the newer version.

Have I misunderstood something about the QoS on Nexus 5000s ?

Please advise,

Alex.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Alex

I don't know about v4.2 but as far as i know for the Nexus 5000 switches you only have the option to set CoS values. Only the L3 capable Nexus 7000 has the capability of setting DSCP values.

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Alex

I don't know about v4.2 but as far as i know for the Nexus 5000 switches you only have the option to set CoS values. Only the L3 capable Nexus 7000 has the capability of setting DSCP values.

Jon

This is not the answer I was looking for, but the datasheet of the Nexus 5000 does indeed only mention "MQC CoS Marking" in the QoS subsection ( see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9670/data_sheet_c78-461802.html ).

It's a shame though... 3560s with IP Base (L2) are able to do DSCP marking just fine... sigh...

Thanks Jon!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card