Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual DHCP ISPs on ASA5505 possible?

rentljud1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I've been searching the net for days now trying to configure the ASA5505 for dual DHCP ISP use. All guides available assume you have one static.

After realizing that it required a Security Plus license to even configure 3 VLANs I'm getting pretty frustrated. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I can choose a backup interface in ASDM. It even says dual ISP enabled. Why cant there be a guide or simple configuration example or am I the only one looking for this kind of solution?

Customer has two ADSL internet connections and want to switch between them if they fail. No load balancing required.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Tagir Temirgaliyev
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

ip sla

Hi Ola,

Spoke too soon. Missed the keyword 'DHCP' from both ISPs. Deleted my initial reply. I never tested/implemented this though but the solution you found online may still work. You may want to post this query in Firewalling or VPN section to check on that.

Thx

MS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card