cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual DMVPN over Dialer Interface

aacole
Level 5
Level 5

I'm working on a dual DMVPN network that supports digital radio. All of the sites were originally setup using Ethernet interfaces and had two operational tunnels passing traffic, with EIGRP as the IGP. show ip eigrp neighbour shows two adjacencies, as expected. 

Recently the ISP has requested that we move to using a dialer interface with PPPoE to connect the sites up. I've a few sites working, but I see that only one tunnel establishes an eigrp neighbourship, this is when using D1 as the source interface on both tunnels.

Looking at the output of show ip int brief both tunnels show as up/up.

Show crypto ipsec sa also shows both tunnels have a crypto session established. But the tunnel that is down is receiving very few packets.

Checking the output for the virtual interfaces created as part of the dialer configuration, two interfaces have been created, agin which I expected. But I see that only one of the virtual interfaces is bound to Dialer 1 and has LCP open. The other shows no activity.

Is this something that can be influenced through configuration, is there a limit on how many virtual interfaces can be associated with a dialer interface? I suspect this is an IOS limitation, this network is running 2811 routers with c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.151-4.M12a.bin as the client is a non-profit charity with not a lot to spend.

I've attached a couple of text files with config and the show outputs mentioned above.

1 Reply 1

Config 

If-state nhrp 

And keepalive in iskamp 

Make tunnel always up.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card