Helpful
Replies

Dual ISPs on 3560 L3 Switch

Kiley Arena
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I want to set up the following network using a 3560 L3 switch:

Have 2 different ISPs come into a L3 3560 (running adv IP services) which will be connected to FW.  The FW will then connect to a L3 LAN switch for inter-vlan routing.  All devices on the LAN will be private ip'd.  The FW will be handling the DHCP, any NATing and anything else.  There will be 2 VLANs for the two business groups.  One business group needs to have a guaranteed BW allocation, the other is a bit more flexible.  Before the public facing VoIP system came into play, I was going to have the two ISPs connect directly into the FW (Pf-sense) but since the VoIP system needs to be public facing, I have to stick either a switch or a router in front of the FW.  If I only had one ISP, no problem but we're getting a second one and I think my life got a bit more complicated.  I'm attaching a jpg of the visio  that I set up.  I'm flummoxed as to  handle the routing now that it appears to be moving away from the FW and back onto the router. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kiley

4 Replies 4

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How do you intend to use two ISPs?  Load balancing?  Active/Standby?

Apart from the VoIP system, the circuit is only being used for outbound web browsing? No server hosting?

Philip, It will load balanced.  No server hosting and strictly web browsing. 

To be clear, this is a 3560 switch, not a 3650 switch?

Any chance you could use a router instead, like an 892F?

Philip,

Yes, it's a 3560G-48TS-E V06.  I don't have an 892F, but we're shelving this project for now so I can put it on the back burner.  Don't know when we'll get back to it so thank you for answering!!

Kiley

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card