Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplex setting on WAN interface on ASR 1000 series router

raut.pawan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have autonegotiation disable on my interfcae what should be duplex setting on other end?

Router#sh run int Gi0/3/0

Building configuration...

Current configuration : 334 bytes

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/3/0

dampening

bandwidth 1000000

no ip address

no ip redirects

no ip unreachables

no ip proxy-arp

load-interval 30

carrier-delay msec 75

media-type sfp

no negotiation auto

cdp enable

5 Replies 5

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On a gigabit interface you should do this:

Speed 1000
Duplex full

Hope this helps

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

hello Bilal,

Thanks for reply.

My Question was I have ASR 1000 router and my router WAN inteface has disable the auto negotiantion so what should be other end router interface setting auto negotiation as bydefult or disable the auto negotiation or re-enable using  command

negotiation auto

Please guide....

Hello, I have ASRs, and I normally manually configure both to be

Speed 1000
Duplex full

Just to really nail it and get it right set both sides to be like this.

I did find this:

Configuring the Autonegotiation on an Interface

Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet interfaces use a connection-setup algorithm called autonegotiation. Autonegotiation allows the local and remote devices to configure compatible settings for communication over the link. Using autonegotiation, each device advertises its transmission capabilities and then agrees upon the settings to be used for the link.

For the Gigabit Ethernet interfaces on the Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Router, flow control is autonegotiated when autonegotiation is enabled. Autonegotiation is enabled by default.

The following guidelines should be followed regarding autonegotiation:

ā€¢If autonegotiation is disabled on one end of a link, it must be disabled on the other end of the link. If one end of a link has autonegotiation disabled while the other end of the link does not, the link will not come up properly on both ends.

ā€¢Autonegotiation is not supported on the 10-Port Gigabit Ethernet SPA on the Cisco ASR1000-SIP10.

ā€¢Flow control is enabled by default.

ā€¢Flow control will be on if autonegotiation is disabled on both ends of the link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/shared_port_adapters/configuration/ASR1000/ASRcfget.html

Hope this helps

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Message was edited by: Bilal Nawaz

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

My Question was I have ASR 1000 router and my router WAN inteface has disable the auto negotiantion so what should be other end router interface setting auto negotiation as bydefult or disable the auto negotiation or re-enable using  command

What kind of SFP are you using?  If you are using Fibre Optics you CANNOT set the speed  and duplex.

If you are using GLC-T, then WHY do you want to DISABLE autonegotiation.

Asr1001x (glct -auto neg) <==> speed 10mb and duplex forced in remote router (no auto neg)......link will come up or not?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card