Views
Helpful
Replies

Dying-Gasp in ASR 9010

oscarmtz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi community

I don't know to enable the feature dying gasp in my ASR 9010. Somebody could help me, because i don´t know could I make it

Regards oscar

6 Replies 6

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Oscar,

can you explain the context / network scenario where you are trying to enable the Dying Gasp feature?

Are you using the ASR 9010 as a Broadband Aggregation Router?

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe

the router as a aggregation router, it has configure a syslog, they want to know if router can send the traps of feature dying gasp. the version is  5.3.3

Regards

Hello Oscar,

I was looking for inside the BNG configuration guide there are several Radius attributes for disconnect cause. But here I cannot see the Dying Gasp.

see table 8 disconnect causes codes

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k-r6-4/bng/configuration/guide/b-bng-cg-asr9000-64x/b-bng-cg-asr9000-64x_appendix_01011.html#reference_0F301FD21954411BBDCB2D8A87C66E74

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe

my first doubt was if ASR  9010 support the feature dying gasp I find this information in which  through interface with OAM a syslog entry is created  when a dying gsp notification is received. i want to suppose when the router detect a power failure this generate dying gsp notification and with  the ethernet oam i can create a syslog entry.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4-2/interfaces/command/reference/b_interfaces_cr42asr9k/b_interfaces_cr42asr9k_chapter_0101.html#wp1443961300

Hello Oscar,

according to the document that you have provided you can configure the log reaction to receiving a dying gasp on ethernet OAM but only in interface ethernet  oam hierarchy level see below:

action dying-gasp log

(Interface Ethernet OAM configuration only) Creates a syslog entry when a dying-gasp notification is received. This action is available only in interface Ethernet OAM configuration mode to override the OAM profile on a specific interface.

Note:

in my experience Ethernet OAM works well on 802.1Q tagged subinterfaces as OAM messages include a  L2 CoS field that cannot be mapped into untagged ethernet frames.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giusepe

Thanks for you suggestions. I appreciate your help and time.

Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card