Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic Routing Over VPC

SharukhKhan5504
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I am confused in Routing with VPC , Lets say i am having 2 nexus , A&B in VPC and I had attached Router in vpc and i need to form ospf adjacency between both the nexus so whats issues i will face , from router point of view it should have 2 neighbour A&B , Router will send only 1 hello from its portchannel so how this hello will be going to both nexus , i read need to use peer gateway & layer 3 peer router feature but i seen 1 video from ine that when u do routing in vpc do peer-gateway exclude vlan xx , need to exclude vlan from peer gateway otherwise router need to send LSU to A and due to hash it sends to B , so B will consume that

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Dynamic routing over the VPC is possible but it depends on your network diagram, IOS Version, license and requirement, etc. 

Visit for basic details: https://indeni.com/blog/how-to-use-cisco-nexus-osfp-over-vpc-review-cisco-nexus-osfp-vpc-implementation-verification/

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Dynamic routing over the VPC is possible but it depends on your network diagram, IOS Version, license and requirement, etc. 

Visit for basic details: https://indeni.com/blog/how-to-use-cisco-nexus-osfp-over-vpc-review-cisco-nexus-osfp-vpc-implementation-verification/

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

SharukhKhan5504
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Thanks alot for the doc , i had a query , i did not use layer 3 peer router but from router it has 2 ospf nei which is both nexus nexus in vpc , now my ques is lets say when router needs to send dbd packet to A so its A and it hashes to B so B need to send to A so B will decrement TTL and can not send so my neighbourship needs to stuck in exstart/exchange so how its up without that feature , any 1 nei should be stuck in exstart/exchange , i i tested yesterady on 93180 it is up

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card