Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic WAN Link Utilization

ksbolton1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.

I'm trying to have different types of traffic at branch locations use either of 2 WAN links based on latency and jitter. This is to be done dynamically and without requiring a single link to fail completely in order for the other link to be used. 

Example: If link A has 150ms or over ping for then switch voice calls and skype over the link B if it has less than 150ms, and vice versa.

The first thing that comes to mind is IP SLA. Are there any favorable alternatives?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shaps
Level 3
Level 3
IP SLA would give you the most granular way of monitoring the jitter, this can be used along side QoS to make sure that anything critical is serviced first although this is dependant on what agreements you have with your ISP and what queuing policy you have in place with them.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

shaps
Level 3
Level 3
IP SLA would give you the most granular way of monitoring the jitter, this can be used along side QoS to make sure that anything critical is serviced first although this is dependant on what agreements you have with your ISP and what queuing policy you have in place with them.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
PfR.

I think IPSLA should be the optimal configuration you can try here.

also its safe too.

Please do not hesitate to click the STAR button if you are satisfied with my answer.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card