Views
Helpful
Replies

EBGP load balancing across 2 AS for same set of routes

athambi
Level 1
Level 1

This is my topology

I have Router A in AS 10   having an EBGP peering with   Router B(AS20) and Router C(AS 30). They are having EBGP peering on WAN interfaces .

I am injecting  10.0.0.0/8 network  from  Router B and Router C.I am seeing those routes inthe bgp table of  Router A being learned from  Router B & C.

I am  trying to achieve load balaning for the  outgoing traffic  from Rotuer A to the 10.0.0.0/8 ie  I should see the 10.0.0.0/8 network not only in the  BGP table ,but also in the routing  table so that  traffic get load balanced .I have used "maximum paths" command in  router A.

Is this possible to achieve ???

Cheers

Ajai

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ajai,

on router A is needed an hidden command because the peer AS on the two possible paths is different.

bgp bestpath as-path multipath-relax

you still need the maximum-paths command

note that in real world an  IP prefix is originated by a single AS number, in your lab 10/8 appears as generated by AS 2 and AS 3. However, it is a valid setup for testing this feature.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: