Views
Helpful
Replies

EBGP Peering with Route Redistribution into EIGRP

HenryGee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using CML in Dev Net and just wondering if anyone else experienced this issue or if I am doing something wrong. I am using

IOSv Routers and I am performing an eBGP peering from routers A-R1 to ISP. Then on ISP I am doing route redistribution into

EIGRP. Then ISP and ISP2 routers connected using sub interfaces using a VRF that are using a EIGRP peering.

My problem is the eBGP route connected to A-R1 10.60.30.0/24 is NOT getting redistributed into EIGRP, but the directly connected

network 209.165.80.0/30 is getting redistributed into EIGRP. I tried this without using VRFs and sub interfaces and the route redistribution

worked fine and ISP2 was able to see the 10.60.30.0/24 as an external EIGRP route. I am using dot1Q encapsulation on the VRF

sub interfaces. My question is there anything wrong I could be doing to redistribute these eBGP routes 10.60.30.0/24 into EIGRP

using VRF and sub interfaces?

Btw I also tried using CSR1000v routers and using OSPF as the IGP for some reason ISP and ISP2 wouldn’t even form a neighborship

over VRF using sub interfaces. It looks like the Hellos being sent using multicast were never answered. I used a debug hello packets

to verify. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HenryGee
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys not sure what happened, I opened the lab today and it is working now. That was weird.. Not sure what happened, anyways thanks for your time! Sorry about that..

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

sbatsya12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can I have the logs between the  ISP1, ISP2, and ISP3  routers

Thanks and Regards,

Sachin

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @HenryGee ,

Could you please share ISP1 configuration.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

HenryGee
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys not sure what happened, I opened the lab today and it is working now. That was weird.. Not sure what happened, anyways thanks for your time! Sorry about that..

sbatsya12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Henry,

Thanks for the update.

Thanks and Regards,

Sachin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card