cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

eigrp neighbor going down

springxdxml
Level 1
Level 1

I've been trying to troubleshoot an issue with eigrp in my topology. Im using GNS3.

I have  R1 connecting to 2 other routers (R2 and R3). All through point to point serial links. Eigrp has been enabled.

R1 to R2 bandwidth hard codded to 128 kbps
R1 to R3 bandwidth hard codded to 256 kbps

From R1, i see that neighbor R2 keeps going down and coming back up. Recieving goodbyes and then adjacency up. But R3 is a good neighbor and no issues.

I assumed it was because the bandwidth between R1 and R2 is low. So i changed the hello to 60 and the hold to 180. But r2 still goes down every now and then.

Any advise on what I can do with this would be appreciated.

Thank you

EDIT: i would also like to add, that i tried changing the bandwidth between r1 and r2 to 256 and the problem persists

1 Reply 1

springxdxml
Level 1
Level 1

The issue has been resolved. It turned out that R2 had the wrong subnet. It had a /24 rather than a /30. In future cases if anyone stumbles upon this problem make sure you check your routes using "show ip route" . This helped me pinpoint the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card