Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP on Frame Relay

Wassim Aouadi
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a Hub-and-spokes Frame Relay network. 3 routers with 3 loopbacks.

R1 is the hub. R2 and R3 are spokes.

Each router advertises his loopback and the directly connected network. But it seems that each spoke does not see the other spoke's loopback (as part of EIGRP advertisements).

Is it an issue of Split Horizon with EIGRP? how to solve it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wassim

Your post is not clear whether the Frame Relay is configured as multipoint at the hub or as a combination of point to point subinterfaces. From the symptoms I assume that it is multipoint. It is the default behavior of EIGRP to enforce split horizon in multipoint implementations of EIGRP. To fix this you should turn off split horizon for EIGRP.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wassim

Your post is not clear whether the Frame Relay is configured as multipoint at the hub or as a combination of point to point subinterfaces. From the symptoms I assume that it is multipoint. It is the default behavior of EIGRP to enforce split horizon in multipoint implementations of EIGRP. To fix this you should turn off split horizon for EIGRP.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

You guessed right, Rick.

I'm using physical interfaces. No subinterfaces here. The hub interface is multipoint. All three WAN interfaces are on the same subnet.

thx.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card