cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP routes on Active

espmolina
Level 1
Level 1

An EIGRP route from a frame relay link gets stuck on ACTIVE. How do I shield the rest of my network from EIGRP queries generated for this route.

I know of route summarization and EIGRP stub. Is there any other way?

Any idea is appreciated.

Thanks.

John

3 Replies 3

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi John,

Basically, the idea is to reduce the query range by only propagating this route to routers that need it. Apart from summarization and the stub option, you can also use distribute-lists to filter out this route from specific routers.

HTH,

Paresh,.

Thanks Paresh,

Can somebody refresh my memory please.

I know that summarizaztion bounds the query by hiding speific network address via the summary address.

How about the stub. Let's say RTRA is stub and is connected to RTRB. Does this mean the RTRA configured for stub does not send query (if a directly connected network goes down) to RTRB or is it RTRB not sending query?

Thanks.

Using the router names from your example, if RTRA is a stub and is adjacent with RtrB which is not, then RTRB will not send any queries to RtrA for any routes whatsoever. This does not prevent RtrA from sending queries to RtrB, though. Of course, the ideal situation would be to only advertise the default route to RtrA from RtrB. If the version of code you are running on RtrB does not support stubs, then any queries sent to RtrA from RtrB will immediately generate replies with infinite metric from RtrA.

HTH,

Paresh.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card