Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP routing question

fri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

The traffic flow are from A to B , B to A , A to C and C to A, Please refer attached file for more detail.

Questions

1. With 2 EIGRP 10 & EIGRP 11 for below diagram is that any network issue found for the flow?
  2. During the failover from primary to backup either site any issue will cause.
  3. Is the router A1, A2, C1 and D1 will cause any network issue by using EIGRP 10 & 11 which sharing the same LAN which is 10.10.10.0/24?

Please advise.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Hi,

One the requirements to enable the communication between EIGRP routers is they must use the same AS, now if yu have router with different AS, they will be able to communicate between the routers with the common AS, for example AS 10 will not able to communicate with AS 11, you could require a NAT to communicate the same networks. 

Now my suggestion is try to change the IP addressing if it is possible because it could generate any confusion.

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi Moisa,

Do you mean that we change the IP in C1 and D1 network? use different subnet network?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Apologies I verified the IP addressing again, now my question is, why you need 2 EIGRP processes? are you making mutual redistribution?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hello,

how do you trigger the backup links ?

Either way, you need to mutually redistribute the EIGRP ASs, otherwise one doesn't know about the routes to the other.

Also, create a DHCP pool with both HSRP addresses as default routers.

Hi Pauwen,

Its use IPSLA to trigger the back up link.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card