Views
Helpful
Replies

Equipments for T1 link

Wajma_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a site that is connected through fiber to the main office, we would like to create a backup link for a group of user (on a specific switch) to be able to connect to the main office through a T1 line if the fiber was accidentally damaged. What equipments do I need to finalize the connection on switches of both sides. Is it only CSU/DSU on both ends or do I need to have routers? if so what kind do you recommend?

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies 3

vassiliev
Level 1
Level 1

Em...Can you install T1 module on your current router? You can use T1 to backup your fiber.

Best Regards

Cheng

durga_suji
Level 1
Level 1

a. backup link for a group of user (on a specific switch)

You can create a access list for this specific group of users to be connected over T1 line, in case of failure.

b. What equipments do I need to finalize the connection on switches of both sides.

If the router doesnot have support for WAN modules, you will have to go for csu/dsu for T1 connectivity.

regards

Thank you for your response,

I have all the users who need to have a backup link on an HP switch, the switch will be up linked to main switch (has fiber link to the main site) and also to a backup link through T1.

Now I have two CSU/DSU, my question is do I need any other equipment between HP switch and the CSU/DSU, or between the CSU/DSU and and Cisco 6509.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card