Views
Helpful
Replies

Etherchannel compatibility requirements

lorenzomot
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

i have some doubts regarding which parameter must be checked to permit an etherchannel creation.

I found the following info on a Cisco pdf but i remember that there are some other parameters like duplex mode or STP settings that must be identical. I know furthermore that LACP wants only full-duplex mode, so i don't understand why it is not specified.

"When you add an interface to a channel group, Cisco NX-OS checks certain interface attributes to ensure that the interface is compatible with the channel group. Cisco NX-OSalso checks a number of operational attributes for an interface before allowing that interface to participate in the port-channel aggregation.

The compatibility check includes the following operational attributes:

• Port mode

• Access VLAN

• Trunk native VLAN

• Allowed VLAN list

• Speed

• 802.3x flow control setting

• MTU

The Cisco Nexus 5000 Series switch only supports system level MTU. This attribute cannot be changed on an individual port basis.

• Broadcast/Unicast/Multicast Storm Control setting

• Priority-Flow-Control

• Untagged CoS"

Can you help me?

Which are all the parameter that must be checked before creating a portchannel?

Thank you

Lorenzo

4 Replies 4

Hello,

as far as I recall, the compatibility requirements for NX-OS are different than for IOS. To find out what you need use the command 'show port-channel compatibility-parameters'...

Hello Georg,

thank you. You are right, i'm searching info about standard iOS.

Unfortunately i have a catalyst 2950 that does not support this command. If you have the full list of compatibility requirements it will be wonderful.

Thank you!!

Lorenzo

Wow, thanks! I'll have a look ;)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card