cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

external application interface to Cisco SF350 class router

EdProulx29132
Level 1
Level 1

Does the Cisco SF350 class of router have an external HTTP-based (or other) interface that can be used to extract port and other information? In my application, I would have a number of such routers providing ethernet packet delivery service to all my devices. I would want to query the Cisco routers for port and device information for my own application requirements. An HTTP-based interface would be my expectation, similar to other non-Cisco "managed switch/routers".

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It has a web gui interface for configuration purposes

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thank you, and yes, I am aware of, and use the GUI interface. However, this does not answer my question, so I will clarify with the following:

I have an application running on a linux computer in my private network, with a running process that would connect to a Cisco switch to extract data such as "port neighbors" and "device macs services over a port".

So the question would be: does the Cisco SF350 class of router have an external HTTP-based (or other) interface that a linux process can call to extract port and other information?

- Some devices support the so called REST API interface to do programmatically what you mind, but that model probably can't do that.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card