Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Facing problem while redistributing RIP routes in BGP

Hi All,

we are facing some problems while redistributing the RIP routes into BGP.

Scenario is like we are using RIP between My site and client router and we are redistributing some of the routes learned via RIP into the BGP ( we are using BGP to take clients routes inside our network)

We are using a route-Map in which we have allowed the rip routes that we want to install in our bgp table,but the problem is we are not able to install only one subnet out of many that we have allowed in the access-list , all the routes that we have allowed in ACL are there in the routing table,for the workaround we have advertise this subnet by using the network command in bgp and now we can see the routes in the BGP table.

can anyone help me out on this why we are not able to see only one subnet in our BGP table by using the redistribution.

16 Replies 16

Hello,

Am not trying IBGP (IGBP) into IGP. Scenario is just reverse and it is happening for only one subnet 199.67.210.0 and all other are working.

To let you have more clear picture, we have added the permit 199.67.210.0/ 24 in ACL 35 for redistribution but it is not happening for this subnet only. Then we remove the 199.67.210.0 from ACL and advertised by the network command as attached in the first mail. Hope you have understand now.    

Hi Paul,

hope you are fine,

i had the same problum, and after two days of asking people and browsing through multiple websites, was unable to find a solution.

finally i reached here and followed your mentioned commands and solved the problum.

thanks for your nice and helpful comment.

Mohammad Nouman

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card