cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Factory Reset ASR 1002

jpgleason
Level 1
Level 1

I have three Cisco ASR1002 that my boss just dropped in my lap and told me to factory reset and configure for our datacenter. I tried the CTL-Break trick but it keeps booting to the logon screen where I don't have the login credentials (neither does my boss). I am actually shocked at the lack of information in the Googlesphere there is on this. Any suggestions? I am performing the CTL-Break w/ in the first 60 seconds and beyond.

Thanks,

Gymmbo.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am actually shocked at the lack of information in the Googlesphere there is on this. Any suggestions?

Go HERE.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am actually shocked at the lack of information in the Googlesphere there is on this. Any suggestions?

Go HERE.

With all due respect Leo, I went down this path already and when I clicked your link all of the links that were on the first three pages I have already reviewed. If I can get into the router I can factory reset it, I just cannot log on and trying the CTL-Break isn't giving me the rommon prompt. Am I just not holding it down long enough? Is there something I need to be looking for to then enter/stop entering the sequence? 

Thanks,

Update: I got it figured out. I just needed to hold the CTL+Break longer and I got the rommon prompt. The Googlesphere is all knowing and had the answers.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card