Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover Between Data Centers

Yavne14715
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I'm working on a project to plan full redundancy for our client. There are going to be two data centers (primary and standby).

Each DC will have MPLS connectivity to the client's locations, Internet connectivity, connectivity to different vendors (each vendor will install and manage their own router at each DC). There is going to be L2 link between two DCs.

The client's expectation that the service will be up and running all the time (99.95%). In case both MPLS circuits are down, all traffic will be sent to standby DC (while all servers will be operational in primary DC). In case one of the vendor's routers is down, the traffic will find the way from the standby DC, etc.

What will be the best design to have this kind of redundancy? Maybe someone can share the experience with such projects.

Many thanks!  

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i advise to contact Local partner or cisco SE to help you, since this is a medium to large size project - required many local requirement to gather and undertand correctly.

here is high level good presentation help you: (need CCO login)

https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/us/docs/2018/pdf/BRKDCN-2300.pdf.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you BB. Yes, I will contact local partner later on, at this point I would like to create a few drafts...

A smaller question. How can I advertise the network/networks from primary data center and in case of some router is down start advertising it from second data center?

Thanks!

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

the Question is what kind routing protocol you using BGP / IGP ? the document cover msot of the steering and failover.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card