Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover Between Directly Connected and Static Routes

mfaisal02tl
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

We have a dual service provider setup to reach to the same source. The first service provider is connected with Source through L2TP tunnel, thus it is connected as "Directly Connected" Network. Whereas, the second service provider is reaching to source via "Static Routing". 

We want the Second Service provider with Static route to become our Main Link and want to force this link taking precdence always, untill this link fails and then the first Service provider with Directly connected route takes over. 

I am trying to achieve this using Route Map with Tracking and IP SLA, but it's not seems working as desired. 

Can you guys help me out in resolving this issue. 

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

Hi

Could you provide more details about the infrastructure? are the same destinations known via both provider or they are used for? There are many ways but I would like to know why the traffic is known via the L2TP tunnel, a static route should be preferred unless there is a more specific prefix. 

Thank you in advance. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card