Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover on Cisco Router 1800 having DSL & Leased Line

Hi there!

Below is my description:

• Leased line is between dammam      to dubai and the dammam office is getting internet from dubai.
  • The ip address of Dammam      office is class A (Public IP) x.x.x.x and for dubai it is y.y.y.y which we are      using as proxy for accessing internet.
  • I purchase the local DSL      direct line connection through cable from Local Provider and this ip address range is      192.168.1.0 - 192.168.1.254.
  • Is it possible to use the DSL      line as failover, so if one line goes down the user should remove proxy      and can use local internet.
  • The router which is using is      cisco 1800.

I believe that failover is possible, 100%, but would like to know how I can do it and requesting for sharing more inputs about failover in this case.

Documents will be much appreciated...

Thanks & Regards,

Yaseen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chad patterson
Level 1
Level 1

This is possible and relatively simple to acheive: depending on whether you are NATing or not. Either way it can be acheived with IP SLA and Tracking.

You might look at this discussion.

If were you I might just use both as the primary, and load share between the two using PfR/OER. I have done that and it works well. Refer to the second document that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

chad patterson
Level 1
Level 1

This is possible and relatively simple to acheive: depending on whether you are NATing or not. Either way it can be acheived with IP SLA and Tracking.

You might look at this discussion.

If were you I might just use both as the primary, and load share between the two using PfR/OER. I have done that and it works well. Refer to the second document that.

By the way, I highly recommend including this line in your config:

ip nat translation tcp-timeout 3600

as it will prevent some of the memory fragmentation issues that may arise due to the NATing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card