Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failure switchover to Secondary Backhaul

Dear,

My apologize before, I have a case in my customer network.

This is the network condition :

all branches are connectde 2 Backhaul.at DC and DR, we have three condition for branches.

which are some of branches using Dynamic (BGP) , some of branches using Static and the other branches using bypass from my PE to customer switch.

last time we try to switchover from main backhaul to secondary backhaul, all of branches that use Dynamic Routing is running well. but for branches using static and bypass can't switchover to secodnary backhaul ?

Could you give the advice and root cause of this problem ?

Thank you very much

Best Regards,

2 Replies 2

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How do the DC and DR learn about the statically routed sites?

Do the DC and DR use the same subnets, or different subnets?

Hello

Dynamic Routing is running well. but for branches using static and bypass can't switchover to secodnary backhaul ?

Sounds like these branches with static routing are not aware of the failover and as a result "think" the main route path is still applicable.

Have you thought to try some ip sla object tracking to the statics routes for resilience ?

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card