Views
Helpful
Replies

FIB and adjacency table

bhattunagaraju
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can any one help on distinguishing the FIB and adjacency table and how adjacency table is built?

6 Replies 6

ajay chauhan
Level 7
Level 7

FIB is basically mirror of RIB so assume it contains mirror of routing table.The FIB maintains next-hop address information based on the information in the IP routing table.The other part of the process is the adjacency table, the adjacency table maintains L2 next hop addresses for all FIB entries.

Thanks

Ajay

I see you got a silver star ajay, nice going!

Here is a link to a thread that explains this topic rather well. It was done by Peter Paulach. Sorry if I butchered your

last name Peter.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3521091#3521091

Hey John,

My last name spells "Palúch" in Slovak but don't worry I am accustomed to the fact that on international forums, it is difficult to keep spellings of names and surnames correct - I have myself made a mistake a couple of times, I believe.

Anyway, thank you very much for your nice words!

Best regards,

Peter

any chance i can get the new link to your FIB RIB article?  Like always, every link I ever click on in Cisco takes me to a dead end. 

Haha. I like that name " Paulach" .  Just read your post about RIB and FIB. I was like WOW. Great job as usual Peter

Kishore,

A heartfelt THANK YOU! I appreciate your kindness very, very much!

Best regards,

Peter

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card