cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

firepower FPR 4100 series BGP support

Telecom-admin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have question regarding cisco firepower FPR-4112. Does this device (or 4100 series in general) supports bgp? If yes, how many entries in routing table is it expected to handle?

We would like to use it as our customer edge device peering with our ISP but we don't know if this is possible or what are the limitations.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

These are huge numbers' I dont have answer for this Q' and in my opinion it is better to use router.

Open TAC to be more sure 

MHM

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ftd support bgp' but it not good idea to receive full bgp table' i.e. you need edge router abd connect ftd behind it if you receive full bgp table

MHM

Actually we are not receiving full bgp table because ISPs that are our bgp peers (we are connected to two bgp peers) are summarizing some of the routes. We have approximately up to 50k IPv4 and up to 200k IPv6 entries in routing table. Your opinion about this routing table size on fpr?

Additional router unfortunately is not an option.

These are huge numbers' I dont have answer for this Q' and in my opinion it is better to use router.

Open TAC to be more sure 

MHM

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

FTD4K is good model can take full routing table i do not see any issue (if this is directly connected to ISP or vial Layer 2 switch)

7.25 or above code have more advanced features available and stable code.

If you are cautious - check with TAC.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card