Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware Download problem

Dilanjan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

Everytime when I try to downlaod firmware for a switch it doesnt allow me to do it, though I signed in with my credentials whenever I select the firmware I choose to download it comes up with an error and not allowing me to download. (tried in different PCs)

Do we need to have a corporate account to download firmware from Cisco? can't we downlaod it from normal accouts? (I use my company emial as the login name)

Thnaks in advance

Kind Regards,

Dilan

4 Replies 4

pboynton1
Level 1
Level 1

I can download firmware for switching (9300, 3560, 3650, etc) but not for routers (isr4k, vg204, asr1000, etc)... never been able to get a straight answer????

Hi

Your  login must be associated to a Contract and this contract will determine what you can or not download. Probably on the contract you are associanted with, has no router, only switches.

@pboynton1 wrote:

I can download firmware for switching (9300, 3560, 3650, etc) but not for routers (isr4k, vg204, asr1000, etc)... never been able to get a straight answer????

That means the routers are probably "registered" with a different Service Contract and your CCO login is not tied to it.  
Talk to your colleagues (if they have the same issue).  If they have, then talk to your Cisco AM because this is a very messy affair.  

check the error message you are getting.

1. login required message - you need to login with CCO login to download it

2. valid contract required message - yes you need valid contract associated with your cco id to download this kind of files.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card