Views
Helpful
Replies

FSCK: LFN SFN entry corrupted is observed after fsck slavesup-bootdisk

EveEri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a Cisco 7609 with ios 122-33 SR6. When I try to copy the new image 122-33.SRE15a in disk0 to slavesup-bootdisk: I cannot. I got this error.% Error opening slavesup-bootdisk:/......(Directory entreis are corrupted, please format the disk )

Then I run this command fsck /force slavesup-bootdisk:, but I got the new error:

Starting File System integrity check
NOTE: File System will be deinited and later rebuilt

Partition Table check ...[Passed]

Starting partition 0 Analysis
Boot Sector/Boot Parameter Block check ...[Passed]
DIB not present
DIB & Monlib check ...[Passed]
Partition Init check ...[Passed]
FSCK: LFN/SFN entry corrupted. Marking entries (clus = 2, off = 224)for recovery ...
LFN/SFN entry corrupted. Marking entries (clus = 9DE3, off = 96)for recovery ...
LFN/SFN chain corrupted. Marking entries (clus = 9DE3, off = 160)for recovery ...
LFN/SFN chain corrupted. Marking entries (clus = 9DE3, off = 160)for recovery ...

Is there some other step I'm missing? Thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'd take a copy of the files (that you can), format the filesystem, and then copy them back.  I'd be tempted to use the firmware from the primary rather than using the slave ones.

It is also possible your flash memory is simply worn out from old age.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'd take a copy of the files (that you can), format the filesystem, and then copy them back.  I'd be tempted to use the firmware from the primary rather than using the slave ones.

It is also possible your flash memory is simply worn out from old age.

Thank you Philip D´ Ath,

We past the file to USB and after that format the slavesup-bootdisk.

Finally, I can load the files and new IOS.

Best Regards,

Eve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card