Views
Helpful
Replies

G-BIC to the network card

mati_drum
Level 1
Level 1

hello to all forum members.

I have a question regarding the matching of the connection between the AT-2746FX / ST / ST network card and the CISCO WS-C2960C-8PC-L router by optical fiber connection. G-BIC, GLC-FG-100FX does not work as the producer writes (I checked). My question is about the GLC-FE-100FX model - will this connection through the MM fiber, will be working? Regards :)

7 Replies 7

Hi

Below you will find the list of the compatible SFP per model, now This SFP is used with multimode fiber, so the answer is yes. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/GE_Tx_Matrix.html

Cisco GLC-FE-100FX Overview

This Cisco GLC-FE-100FX compatible SFP transceiver provides 100Base-FX throughput up to 2km over multi-mode fiber (MMF) at a wavelength of 1310nm using a LC connector. It is guaranteed to be 100% compatible with the equivalent Cisco transceiver. This easy to install, hot swappable transceiver has been programmed, uniquely serialized and data-traffic and application tested to ensure that it will initialize and perform identically. It is built to meet or exceed the specifications of Cisco, as well as to comply with MSA (Multi-Source Agreement) standards to ensure seamless network integration. All of the transceivers are Trade Agreements Act (TAA) compliant.

Cisco SFP Transceiver

Main Features

SFP (mini-GBIC) transceiver module
Fast Ethernet
100Base-FX
LC multi-mode
up to 1.2 miles
1310 nm
for Cisco Catalyst 2960

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

tx you for the answer :) and what about the supported standards ieee 802.3 ... in g-bic and network card? Does it matter?

Hi

You are welcome, apologies I didnt get the last question, could you please provide more details?

Thank you in advance. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

I need to connect the ws-c2960c-8pc-l switch with the AT-2746FX / ST / ST network card. The network card supports MM fiber and I am looking for the appropriate G-BIC for 100FX connection for this switch

Hi,

Unfortunately this SFP model is not compatible with the Cisco 2960C, You can visit this link: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/GE_Tx_Matrix.html#_Toc513557409

sorry, i was thinking about connect GLC-FE-100FX with AT-2746FX/ST/ST

Hi,

GLC-FE-100FX transceiver is supported for CISCO WS-C2960C-8PC-L with the minimum software release 12.2(55)EX3 as per the document beneath:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/100MB_Tx_Matrix.html?dtid=osscdc000283#_Toc513189868

You should be OK to connect to AT-2746FX / ST / ST network module via MM fiber. Please note the different optical connectors (ST for Allied Telesis and LC for Cisco).

Best regards,

Antonin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: