Views
Helpful
Replies

Got timeout accessig website

GastonG
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a cisco SMB RV345. FW load 1.0.03.17. The device has not CLI so it is only Web Interface.

We are facing an issue where we cannot access a portal of one of our clients. (got a timeout)

Digging into the database this seems to be related to the mss paramenter to my LAN. The issue is that seems to be that mss cannot be set on RV345. I tried to reduce the MTU on the WAN but it made no change.

Security features are all disable.

Firewall is disabel

any idea? 

13 Replies 13

Hello,

what did you change the MTU to ? A value of 1400 should be sufficient to access all websites, did you try that value ?

No. I tried 1452 and 1436 on the wan MTU. I was lookimg foward if the MSC
can be modified.

I will give it a shot tomorrow morning.

Hello @Georg Pauwen 

It did not work. Same issue.

Hello,

what is the URL ?

Hi , Can you let me know how its 1400 bytes is enough for website 

Please do not hesitate to click the STAR button if you are satisfied with my answer.

jesse7Tzz
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe value of 1400 should be sufficient, but in my case - it didn't help. Sometimes it's about specific technical problems, but sometimes it's even about SEO things, like meta data of every website. Did you hear something about Operatio Marketing company? I've read a lot of positive reviews about these guys, and want to order some development and promotion services.

Hello,

what is the URL of the website your are trying to reach ?

http(s)://?.?.?

Hello @Georg Pauwen 

The site is proveedores.ford.com as you go into that site you got redirect to the web login page. This is when I am behind the router it fails. If connect my PC directly to the ISP works perfect.

If I tested from home, works perfect. If i am connected to the VPN it also fails.

Hello,

I cannot even resolve that site. Are you sure that is the correct URL ? Can you post a screenshot ?

Looks like they might have geoblocked that site.I get redirected to yet a different URL.

Either way, from a DOS prompt, type:

ping -l 1400 proveedores.ford.com

Do you get a valid response ? 

C:\Users\vishns>ping -l 1400 proveedores.ford.com
Ping request could not find host proveedores.ford.com. Please check the name and try again.

C:\Users\vishns>ping proveedores.ford.com
Ping request could not find host proveedores.ford.com. Please check the name and try again.

C:\Users\vishns>

That's seems to be not working 

Please do not hesitate to click the STAR button if you are satisfied with my answer.

https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/proveedores.ford.com..html this showing it as down. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card