cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gross number of input errors

mdavis
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2600 series router connecting me to an Internet T1. Internet traffic going over this line is barely crawling along. The serial interface on the router is reporting a massive number of input errors, including CRC, frame, and abort errors. I had my ISP run some tests a few weeks ago, and everything came up clean. They informed me that it may be my router causing the issue. I swapped the WIC out, upgraded to the latest version of IOS supported by my hardware, and even swapped out the router itself, but nothing fixed the errors. I then had the ISP test again, and all tests were clean. What am I missing?

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

What WIC is it ? WIC-1DSU-T1 or WIC-1DSU-T1-v2?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

How can I find out?

In the lower right hand corner of your WIC, right below the thumb screw, you should find the part number for the module.

Steve

It's a WIC-1DSU-T1

jphilope
Level 3
Level 3

Have the carrier run a class-a line test. I just went through 6 weeks of the same issue. They tried to say it was my equipment as well. I was firm and complied with their request to change the T1 CSU/DSU. Didn't change a thing. Turned out to be bridge taps reflecting the signal and causing errors, interface resets, and lost carriers. Bridge taps are common. They don't show up on loop backs, nor most other telco tests. They only show up on an end-to-end test - the class-a (in the US).

Bet you it's the same kind of issue. Keep after the carrier. It's their problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card