Views
Helpful
Replies

Help About iBGP Peering

Alcides Miguel
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

Can someone here please help me regarding iBGP peering as I don't have full mesh between all peers some route are not being announced to another peers.

Routes coming from DR are not being advertised to wan and core routers neither the second site now about theses routes

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

generally, I see 3 possibilities here:

1) To configure a logical iBGP full-mesh among all your routers.

I.e., to add iBGP sessions from DR to that 3 remianing routers and an iBGP session between WAN-01 and Second DC.

2) To use eBGP where full-mesh is missing.

I.e., move the DR router to AS 65501 and Second DC to AS 65502, e.g.

This looks to me to be the easiest way.

3) Configure route-reflectors or BGP confederations.

Also a possibility, but a little more complicated.

Best regards,

Milan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

"I don't have full mesh between all peers"

So, you're saying all your iBGP peers are not known to each other or are you saying you don't have a full physical mesh?  If the former, that's a problem.

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

generally, I see 3 possibilities here:

1) To configure a logical iBGP full-mesh among all your routers.

I.e., to add iBGP sessions from DR to that 3 remianing routers and an iBGP session between WAN-01 and Second DC.

2) To use eBGP where full-mesh is missing.

I.e., move the DR router to AS 65501 and Second DC to AS 65502, e.g.

This looks to me to be the easiest way.

3) Configure route-reflectors or BGP confederations.

Also a possibility, but a little more complicated.

Best regards,

Milan

Hi,

thanks you all for your contributions. Milan this was the solution that I've found suitable for my problem and solved what I was trying to do.

Best regards,

Alcides

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card