cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

help default-network not being distributed over eigrp

Robert Dantes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, i need help i have Router 1 conecting to router 2 and 3 and router 2 and 3 to each other. I already have eigrp running and it is already distributing route. but for some reason a static route that i made defualt-network is still not being distributed. to router 2 and 3. just wondering because im following a video tutorial and it said that EIGRP should automatically distribute that default-network.

on router 1

ip route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 f0/0

ip default-network 192.168.1.0

if i now do a sh ip route on router 1 it shows the static route for 192.168.1.0 already have * on it

but on router 2 and 3 the route for 192.168.1.0 is still not showing in the routing table.

All setting is still on default but i did try to supply the comand "default-information out" on rotuer 1 and even "default-information allowed out" still nothing. i also did the "default-information in" in router 2 and 3 and nothing and those commands is not showing in the running config so i would assume it is the default anyway.

can anyone shed some light on this as i just want to understand what is wrong incase i encoutner this real life.

anyway my lab is on GNS3 with a 2621XM Version 12.4(25d) iso

3 Replies 3

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Robert,

Have you tried using the redistribute static command under the EIGRP process on R1?

router eigrp x

redistribute static

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi johnlloyd, thank you for your response but my problem is i want to understand why my lab is not distributing default-network information. basically my question right now is, that eigrp on default setting, to distribute a static route using default-network is just supply the defult-network "network" command and no other configuration is needed? then if thats the case i would just peg this issue as GNS3 problem unless some one gives me a better explination on to why the default-network is not being distributed.

Ah I figured it out! I need to supply a network command for the 192.168.1.0 network under eigrp on router 1. I dint think I needed to add a network command for it since its only a static route and not an actual network directly connected to router 1 if you get my drift. anyway ill consider this thread closed.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card