cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help regarding 2Mb Link?

imran_mcse
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2 Mb Internet leased line link at home. I wanna use 805 series router for this purpose. The service provider has installed a CSU/DSU which has v.35 connector. now i wanna confirm that this 805 series router can support 2Mb Lease line link.

6 Replies 6

baudhayan
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry..but I guess it supports speeds only upto 512 KBPS speed for Leased Lines. You can refer http://www.tribecaexpress.com/cisco805.htm

OK I have decided to use 1841 Series router. so can i use WIC-1T card for this router. so i can support 2 Mbps leased line link. Pls this is urgent.

hi

you can make use of WIC-1T to get ur E1(2Mbps) line connected but make sure that you have a smart serial cable to get your external modem connected to the E1 port.

regds

OK I have decided to use 1841 Series router. so can i use WIC-1T card for this router. so i can support 2 Mbps leased line link. Pls this is urgent.

Yes you can. The WIC-1T card can go up to 2 Mbps. You will need a DTE cable to connect the router.

Model Number: CAB-V35MT

The smart serial cable will not fit into the WIC-1T but it will fit into the WIC-2T. Also, the WIC-2T can also do up to 2 Mbps, on each port.

Hi IMRAN,

the WIC-1T card uses a standard cable not a smart cable as a previous post indicated. Please note that the Cisco web site itself could have answered all of your concerns. Rather than waiting for answers from us, just spend the time to confirm it from Cisco themselves.

HTH

Steve

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card