Replies

(Help) Switch Catalyst 3750 & Router 2811

Rokas Daunoras
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Community,

I'm having a problem with no internet connection on switch ports 9-16 17-24

But internet works well on Default vlan 1-8 ports

i added subnet and nat i don't understand what i'm missing any effort of helping is appreciated

Kind Regards,

Rokas Daunoras

34 Replies 34

The router config looks alright I have found a view things on the Switch that need to be looked into:

1. you should first devine the VLANs with

vlan 50

name ....

vlan 70

name ...

( in Some IOS Version it is enough if you configure a vlan on a port (with "switchport access vlan ..." The Vlan will be added automatically to the vlan.database. But anyway you will have to do it.)

2. How come the Interfaces of the Switch begin with 2/0/.. ? Could it be that this switch was part of a stack? in that case you should issue:

"no Switch stack member 2 provision"

3. if you want to let your router do the routing and your switch do the switching you dont need this command on switch:

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.100.100.1 name DEFAULT-ROUTE-TO-INTERNET

Hey,

1. Check the picture vlan got names? or it's not enough for defining these vlans?

2. "no Switch stack member 2 provision" switch(config)#no Switch stack member 2 provision should it be command line cause it doesn't work on my switch.

3. i removed it

1. So if the Switch got the Vlan names in the Vlan.database (as seen in the image you posted) they were on the switch before you configured it. I would define them in your config in case this switch crashes and you need to configure a new one.

2. try "no switch 2 provision ws-c3750-24p" but maybe you should safe the config first with "copy running flash:ConfigSafe.txt"

3. Good  

2. 2

Hey,

Switch(config)#no switch 2 provision ws-cs3750-24p
%IDBs can not be removed when switch is active

i guess i have to do it in rommon?

Hey,

2.  I can't remove it i guess i can only remove it at rommon?

Switch(config)#no switch 2 provision ws-c3750-24p
%IDBs can not be removed when switch is active

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card